Pre Chemo Sloth Party 8/31/18

Ruth and Nick arrived last night. Ruth is hanging out at the hospital with Robbie and is going to spend the first night with him. He loves when his sisters visit.

Ruth and Nick will be here all weekend and Lynn plans to come down on Monday.

He is waiting on the chemo to start. It is called Ifosfamide. They have multiple nausea meds ready and will also give him IV nausea medicine.

Praying it kills the cancer.

Thankful for Friends and Family 8/29/18

We are so thankful for friends and family. We are all having a hard time handling the latest news. Tomorrow we will be at MD Anderson all day for tests, chemo, and to see Dr Ratan. We are waiting on approval from insurance for the new chemo. Then Robbie will have chemo everyday for a week for round one.

I took off the rest of this week. My new school has been so kind and very supportive. Ruth should be here tomorrow night and Lynn will come when she is able.

Robbie a couple months ago at the Tulsa Zoo.

MD Anderson Updates 8/28/18

We got sad news today. The CT scan of Robbie’s lungs last night show his cancer has taken off and is probably the cause of the pneumonia and breathing problems. The clinical trial and lung surgery have been canceled. He will start aggressive chemo treatments on Thursday. This chemo is known to lower blood counts, which often include ER trips and transfusions.

Ruth and one of her friends are driving down Thursday. Lynn is on a business trip.

Keep praying❤️

The fight continues…

One Punch Man October 2017

3 Years 8/27/18

3 Years ago today, Robbie came home from college for the evening for a quick doctor visit. Then he planned to drive back to Tulsa. I left work after school and I planned to attend the 3rd grade meet the teacher program in the evening.

We had already taken him to an orthopedic specialist a few weeks earlier and were told not to worry, so this was a 2nd opinion on his leg. He was limping and the X-ray showed a large lump on his knee. Although I was concerned, I expected something fixable…like a break.

The main doctor was booked, so we met with his PA. He walked into our exam room early…Jim was still making his way there to meet us. He turned on a large X-ray on the screen and at the same time he was talking on his cell phone…he paused long enough to say he thinks our son has cancer and he was making an appointment for us with the cancer specialist. Then Jim arrived in the room and I quickly updated him. The dr asked if we had any questions and we said nothing…we were all in shock. On September 1st Robbie had a biopsy, which confirmed Osteosarcoma. (aggressive bone cancer)

Tonight Robbie and I are at MD Anderson, so he can get a CT scan of his chest to try to determine why he isn’t getting over pneumonia. I’m so tired I could fall asleep in the waiting room.

Butterfly Center 8/25/18

Robbie really wanted to go to the Butterfly Center and the Kolache Shoppe this morning. I promised earlier this week that I would take him.

He enjoyed the breakfast, but only lasted a few minutes by the butterflies. He was glad to escape the house. Walking back to the car made him shaky and short of breath. Hopefully he will feel better soon. He is getting tired of being sick.

Still Coughing 8/22/18

Robbie continues to cough and has a low grade fever. Jim called MD Anderson and they prescribed more medicine. They said we only need to bring him to the ER if his fever goes back up to 101. He looks a little better today. He doesn’t want his picture taken until he feels better. He has been awake more today.

I’ve been a nervous wreck at work with him sick. I can’t focus or learn anything new. I teach for wonderful people that encouraged me to get a sub if needed. I hate to miss now because he has lung surgery in a couple weeks and I want to be with him for that and he will have another long hospital stay a month later.

I feel like if I had been home, I would have realized he was sick sooner. Jim works from home, but he is used to having me take care of all the medical.

Another Day of Being Sick 8/21/18

Robbie as a Baby

Robbie is not bouncing back like we were hoping. He has started to eat a little, but continues to sleep a lot. He also still has a low grade fever.

Jim is going to call MD Anderson in the morning and set up an appointment. He is going to pack an overnight bag incase they admit him. I would have called today, but I thought Jim was calling.