More lung updates/ Clarifications
I only posted part of the lung report yesterday. The rest I wanted to clarify from his oncologist first. I was going to wait until we see him in a few weeks, but after a sleepless night, I decided, I would contact Dr Ratan today.
They mentioned in the report that they removed a rib and listed the size, color, and it was sent to pathology. They had it listed with the other tumors and wrote that it is “grossly unremarkable”… My mind started racing with the worst possible scenario and so did Jim….hence our restless night. Why did they remove it? Did it look cancerous? Is the cancer spreading? Spreading back to the bones is even worse than the lungs for prognosis.
Well…the rib was removed as part of surgery and there isn’t cancer in his rib and they didn’t expect cancer either. I told Robbie, the surgeon needed one of his ribs to make a wife for him.
Then I wondered if the tumors are 95% living, does that mean, we put our child through months of chemo for nothing! The response was that the chemo did kill some of the tumors, but the remaining tumors were resistant to the chemo.
Afternoon at the Zoo
We spent the afternoon at the zoo. Their sloth is still sick, so we walked around the cat area. Robbie had fun taking pictures of the jaguar, tiger, and lion. It was peaceful and quiet there today. Just what we needed!