New sloths after a rough day.
The fight continues and Robbie has beat the odds many times in his life and we pray he can do it again.
We got good news, bad news, and horrible news today.
The good news is that there isn’t new cancer growth or new tumors.
The bad news is the current cancer is still alive and doesn’t show any signs of dying.
The horrible news is that his Dr feels it is unlikely that he will go into remission again. He can have chemo to try to keep it stable, but the drugs won’t work forever. Robbie has damaged bone marrow that impacts the type of treatment he can receive.
The current plan is to have 4 more rounds of heavy chemo over the next 4 months and then determine if it is possible to do lung surgery. We will also need to decide at some point, after a few months, if we should continue treatment in Houston or move home for treatment. It will all depend on how treatment progresses.
We will also start looking into doing things on his bucket list. One thing he would like to do is visit the Sloth sanctuary in Costa Rica. If in the future he is able to take a break from chemo, we will look into this.
Ruth stared a fund for his trip to see the Sloth Sanctuary.
Today was a day of tests for Robbie. He wasn’t allowed to eat. He had blood tests, heart echo (the current chemo can damage his heart), chest X-ray to look at his lungs and check the tumors, and a PET scan (full body scan) to check all over for cancer. They are basically checking him from head to toe for cancer to see if it is still spreading. The PET scan lights up all areas of cancer.
Thankfully we got done 2 hrs sooner than expected today. Robbie got into the last test early.
Many prayers for stable or improved results tomorrow.
Today, Robbie’s numbers inched slightly up in the right direction. He has a bit to go, but it shows the start of recovery from the last round of chemo.
We are very nervous this week!! He has multiple tests and a body scan tomorrow looking for cancer and checking the results of the chemo. I’m so afraid of what might show up! We will get results on Thursday, so we need extra prayers this week.
I got to hold my friend’s new baby today. She is beautiful and I’m in love. I could hold her all day!
Robbie’s blood counts continue to drop, so we are still keeping him isolated. I guess I didn’t sound concerned enough when the nurse called today, so she called me two more times with guidelines of when to go to the ER and if they keep dropping he will need a transfusion. Trust me, my anxiety level is already on high!
We needed some wood cut to fix the bed we bought on Craigslist. The first Lowes worker, told me he couldn’t cut fractions (60 1/2 inches). Then he found some wood that is 6 ft long and said, here…I don’t even have to cut it. I tried to explain that 6ft would be too long, but he walked away. Then, I went hunting for someone that looked smarter!!
The young man cutting my wood in the picture is not only great at math, he graduated in Accounting. If you know of a job for Joseph, he is available. Smart and helpful!
Robbie had a quiet weekend playing on his computer. He can’t go out due to his low white blood count and the risk of infection.
Jim has been working tons of hours for his job. He has hardly had any sleep the last few days. We are struggling to get Internet set up at the new apartment for him. AT&T doesn’t show our new address as existing, but will look into it. All the other apartments in our building show up, so I question the intelligence of the people helping us.
The P3 Cross fit group donated a table and chairs to us today. They are amazing! We are slowly getting things ready to move in next weekend.
The reason we haven’t moved furniture from our house is that Robbie has been too sick for Jim to drive back and leave us without a car and it would cost a lot to move furniture down here for short term. The girls are bringing my car and a load of our stuff in a couple weeks. I will fly them back.